Today’s Oilheat: 8 Facts You May Not Know
The better you know oilheat, the more you’ll like it! Here are 8 facts you may not know about this affordable, safe, clean and efficient heating source.
- The oilheat industry is moving forward on delivering Bioheat®. This is a blend of American-made biodiesel—a highly refined, clean-burning fuel made from natural sources like soybeans—and traditional home heating oil. As of July 1, 2018, every gallon of heating oil in Maine is ultra-low sulfur heating oil, ensuring that every homeowner can reap its significant benefits!
- Today’s oilheat systems are so compact they take up as little as five square feet of space and Many oilheat systems are so efficient they qualify for the Energy Star label.
- Oilheated homes heat up quickly and provide even, efficient heat. For each gallon of oil burned, a whopping 140,000 Btu’s are generated.
- According to studies conducted at the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s Brookhaven National Laboratory, particulate emissions have been reduced significantly and new oilheat systems now burn fuel 99.9 percent clean.
- Compared with a quarter-century ago, homeowners with new, more efficient oilheating systems now need an average of 500 gallons less oil to heat their homes each year.
- Oil-fired water heaters provide unlimited, low-cost hot water. Not only does an oil water heater save lots of money over its lifetime, it is also perfect for homes with high hot water demand (growing families, homes with Jacuzzi bathtubs, etc.)
- Modern oilheat systems have become so reliable that most manufacturers offer long-term warranties and if something fails, it’s easy to get replacement parts.
- Most full-service oilheat dealers offer installation, sales, and service of heating systems, including new and replacement oil burners, furnaces, boilers, indirect and direct-fired water heaters and more. Many provide emergency service around the clock as well.
Contact your local oilheat company to learn more about all of the benefits of today’s oilheat!